"Teaching how to think"BULB

"Teaching how to think"BULB
Powered By Blogger

sábado, 30 de enero de 2010

Music Contest from Spain =D




● BIOGRAPHY

The Black Eyed Peas is a hip hop band that formed in Los Angeles in 1995. The group is composed of vocalist and multi-instrumentalist will.i.am and vocalists apl.de.ap, Taboo, and Fergie. Since their album Elephunk in 2003, the group's hip hop/dance-oriented style has sold an estimated 28 million albums worldwide and 31 million singles. They scored their first worldwide hit with "Where Is the Love?" in 2003, which topped over ten charts worldwide. Another single was the European hit "Shut Up".
Their next album Monkey Business was another worldwide hit, certified 3x Platinum in the US, spawning two hit singles "Humps” and "Don't Phunk With My Heart". In 2009, the group is one of only eleven artists to have ever held the number 1 and 2 spots on the Billboard Hot 100 at the same time with their singles "Boom Boom Pow" and "I Gotta Feeling", from the album The E.N.D., and the singles also topped the chart for an unprecedented 26 consecutive weeks in 2009.
Before Black Eyed Peas, will.i.am and apl.de.ap were in a group called The Atban Klann signed to Eazy E's Ruthless Records.

● DISCOGRAPHY

Group front man will.i.am told Billboard that The E.N.D. stands for "The Energy Never Dies", which describes his model for a project that will be living and frequently updated throughout its designated cycle. He describes the music as "a lot of dance stuff, real melodic, electronic, soulful.
After the release of The E.N.D., the Black Eyed Peas released "I Gotta Feeling. It was produced by David Guetta, as the second official single from the album. "I Gotta Feeling" climbed to number one on the US iTunes chart replacing "Boom Boom Pow" which dropped to number two. The single charted at number three and then went to number one on the UK Singles Chart. It debuted at number 2 on the Hot 100 behind "Boom Boom Pow" and later surpassed it, taking the number 1 spot. The Black Eyed Peas joined a very elite group of artists who have held the No.1 and 2 Spot on the Hot 100 simultaneously. From 18 April 2009, when "Boom Boom Pow" reached #1, through 10 October 2009, the last week "I Gotta Feeling" was at #1, the group was on top of the chart for 26 weeks, more consecutive weeks than any other artist.
On July 30, Billboard.com announced that the Black Eyed Peas set a record for the longest successive No. 1 chart run by a duo or group in the Billboard Hot 100's history. "I Gotta Feeling" hit its fifth consecutive week at No. 1, following 12 weeks at the top by the Peas' "Boom Boom Pow".
Following its release, will.i.am remarked that the album had been inspired by a trip to Australia, specifically the sound of The Presets' My People." The energy on the Presets' small little stage was crazy energy. That song My People - that shit is wild," will.i.am said, ""That's the reason why this record sounds the way it does - my three months in Australia." In September, the group embarks on The E.N.D. World Tour, with dates announced in Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand. The tour is expected to last well into 2010.
Released for download in the US on June 2, "Meet Me Halfway" was announced as the third single from the album. The music video premiered on iTunes on October 13. The single reached number one in the UK and Australia, making it their third chart topper from The E.N.D. in both countries. It also peaked at seven on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, making it the groups third top-10 single from The E.N.D.
The group performed at the American Music Awards with the songs Meet Me Halfway and Boom Boom Pow. They also won 2 out of 3 categories in which they were nominated; Favorite Rock/Pop Group & Favorite R&B/Soul Group.

● LYRICS


Ooh, I can't go any further than this
Ooh, I want you so badly, it's my biggest wish

Cool, I spent my time just thinkin’ thinkin’ thinkin’ ‘bout you
Every single day yes, i'm really missin' missin' you
And all those things we use to use to use to do
Hey girl, what’s up?, it use to be just me and you
I spent my time just thinkin’ thinkin’ thinkin’ ‘bout you
Every single day, yes i'm really missin’ missin’ you
And all those things we use to use to use to do
Hey girl what’s up?, what’s up?, what’s up?, what’s up?

Meet me halfway, right at the borderline?
That's where i'm gonna wait, for you
I'll be looking out, night n'day
Took my heart to the limit, and this is where i'll stay

Ooh, Ooh, I can't go any further than this
Ooh, Ooh, I want you so bad it's my only wish

Girl, I travel ‘round the world and even sail the seven seas
Across the universe I go to other galexies
Just tell me where you want, just tell me where you wanna to meet
I navigate myself- myself -to take me where you be

Cause girl I want, I, I, I want you right now
I travel uptown (town) I travel downtown
I wanna to have you around (round) like every single day
I love you always-way, I’ll meet you halfway


Can you meet me halfway, right at the borderline?
That's where i'm gonna wait, for you
I'll be looking out, night n'day
Took my heart to the limit, and this is where i'll stay

Ooh, Ooh, I can't go any further then this
Ooh, Ooh, I want you so bad it's my only wish
Ooh, Ooh, I can't go any further then this
Ooh, Ooh, I want you so bad it's my only wish

Let's walk the bridge, to the other side
Just you and I (just you and I)
I will fly, I'll fly the skies, for you and I (for you and I)
I will try, until I die, for you and I, for you and I, for, for you and I,
For for you and I, for, for you and I, for you and I.

Can you meet me halfway?
Can you meet me halfway?
Can you meet me halfway?
Can you meet me halfway?

Meet me halfway, right at the boarderline
That's where i'm gonna wait, for you
I'll be looking out, night n'day
Took my heart to the limit, and this is where i'll stay

Ooh, Ooh, I can't go any further then this
Ooh, Ooh, I want you so bad it's my only wish
Ooh, Ooh, I can't go any further then this
Ooh, Ooh, I want you so bad it's my only wish

Links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBO1aUWPGaw

Made by: Miriam. G, Julia, Noemi and Ana from Spain.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario